The Business of Medicine Newsletter – August 2017
Volume 5, Issue 8
- Digital radiography. Medicare will cut payments for X-rays performed with conventional film, but is now the time to switch to digital radiography?
- 2018 fee schedule. Learn what CMS has in store for you in 2018 in our comprehensive analysis of its fee schedule proposed rule
- E/M coding rules. CMS admits that its longstanding E/M guidelines could use simplification after more than two decades. Get the scoop here.
- Modifier 25 cuts. A major Blue Cross plan has implemented a 50% pay cut to all E/M codes with modifier 25 appended. Could this be the start of a trend that would devastate revenue for office and inpatient visits?
- ACA repeal efforts. Are Republican efforts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act over? Will the White House take action to weaken the rule and force another legislative push? Find out.