The Business of Medicine Newsletter – February 2015
Volume 3, Issue 2
Inside the February issue: Learn what the OIG has in store for practices in 2015, improve your critical care doing with 5 vital tips, see why exclusion screening is more important than ever, get a preview of new overtime changes, and see how RVUs for services are changing in 2015.
- OIG Work Plan. In 2015, the OIG seems less focused on physician targets, but you still have to pay attention to compliance. Learn why in this article.
- Critical care coding. These life-saving services pay well but receive a ton of auditor scrutiny. Improve your documentation and billing with crucial tips.
- Overtime changes. Stay ahead of the curve by reading about proposed changes to overtime regulations from the Department of Labor.
- Exclusion screening. You must conduct monthly checks of your employees to ensure they aren’t on federal or state exclusion lists. Failing to do so has big consequences — get the scoop in this guest article.
- 2015 RVUs. We’ve analyzed the biggest positive and negative RVU changes to your top-billed CPT codes in 2015. Check out our detailed table in this article.