The Business of Medicine Newsletter – January 2017
Volume 5, Issue 1
- Repeal-and-replace. Learn why President Trump has surprised even Republicans with a plan to simultaneously repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare).
- Overtime rule. House Republicans have a bill that would give it the power to eliminate the overtime rule, and any rule passed in Obama’s last 60 legislative days. See what this means for you.
- Tom Price. To shed light on the future of healthcare reform, Medicare, and Medicaid, we interview a physician who has known Rep. Tom Price, Trump’s pick for HHS secretary, for decades.
- MIPS tips. Get four quick tips to began compliance with 2017 reporting requirements for the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), which won’t be going away with President Obama.
- Healthcare editorial. Will the healthcare industry still resemble the “Wild West” now that Republicans are in power? Longtime consultant and compliance expert Sean Weiss weighs in.