The Business of Medicine Newsletter – January 2016
Volume 4, Issue 1
Inside the January issue: How to claim a meaningful use hardship exemption for last year, why cerumen removal coding is different this year, the government delays overtime rules, a look at auditing split/shared visits, and a list of top OIG targets to be aware of in 2016.
- Meaningful use. CMS releases application for blanket exemptions, learn how you can claim yours.
- Cerumen removal codes. Learn why cerumen removal coding and billing will be different in 2016.
- Overtime rules. The government is delaying its new overtime pay rules — get analysis on what to expect for your practice going forward.
- Split/shared visits. Get an auditor’s advice on how to review split/shared visits involving your physicians and non-physician practitioners.
- OIG targets. See which issues and compliance targets the OIG will be paying extra attention to in the New Year.