Business of Medicine Newsletter – July 2015
Volume 3, Issue 7
Compliance and Profitability
The Business of Medicine is a monthly newsletter that delivers guidance on all aspects of medical practice management, including coding, compliance, human resources, accounting, and more. Written by nationally recognized consultants from DoctorsManagement, The Business of Medicine gives your practice an edge every month.
Inside the July issue: CMS announces ICD-10 grace period, what the Supreme Court rule means for the ACA, how to create a complete, effective patient collections policy, how physicians can improve their personal budgeting, and how retirement plans will be affected by another Supreme Court ruling.
- ICD-10 grace period. CMS announces a one-year grace period on ICD-10 codes. Learn what this means for your transition efforts.
- Supreme Court ruling. For the second time, the Supreme Court upholds a key provision of the Affordable Care Act. Find out how the industry will be affected.
- Patient collections. From identifying trouble patients to writing an effective payment policy and discharging patients, learn how to fix your collections process.
- Physician budgeting. Get candid advice from an accounting expert on how physicians should manage their personal budgets.
- Retirement plans. A less-publicized Supreme Court ruling emphasizes the importance of monitoring ERISA plans.