The Business of Medicine Newsletter – November 2015
Volume 3, Issue 11
Inside the November issue: A high-level overview of top provisions in the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule final rule for 2016, a look at how ICD-10 has impacted workflow so far, a new meaningful use hardship exemption from CMS, an analysis of value-based purchasing, how to bill screening colonoscopies when E/Ms are involved, and IRS changes requirements for retirement plans.
- Fee schedule for 2016. Learn about all the key new rules in Medicare 2016 fee schedule, including new paid codes for advance care (end-of-life) planning.
- ICD-10 impact. Find out how ICD-10 has been impacting workflow so far at practices and hospitals across the nation.
- Value-based purchasing. Get an in-depth look at Medicare’s new value-based purchasing program and why you need to pay attention in 2016.
- Screening colonoscopies. Get the answer on a longstanding coding conundrum involving billing E/M codes with screening colonoscopies.
- IRS changes. The IRS is changing its rules for employers when it comes to employee retirement plans. Find out what’s different.