Pam Vanderbilt, CPC, CPMA, CPPM, CPC-I, CEMC, CDEO, CEMA, CEMA-O, AHIMA Approved ICD-10-CM Trainer
Pam brings more than two decades of experience in auditing and revenue cycle analysis. Her enthusiasm is infectious and participants gain powerful insights from her hands-on experience.
Having analyzed documentation for thousands of encounters, Pam teaches the importance of documenting in a manner that conveys the complexity of the provider’s work and equips the auditor with the skills to recognize that complexity. Audience members experience many “light bulb” moments as Pam explains numerous strategies for physicians and auditors to collaborate so that documentation both accurately supports the level of medical necessity and reduces the possibility for dispute.
Speaking and training topics include:
- Auditing and E&M Auditing Boot Camp
- E&M Auditing for Orthopaedics Boot Camp – this training is approved by the American Academy of Orthopedic Executives (AAOE)
- Multi-Specialty Auditing
- Bridging the Gap Between Provider Documentation and Coder Interpretation
- The Comprehensive Audit – Performing audits that support provider education as well as the revenue cycle while recognizing individual carrier requirements.
Additional coding, auditing, revenue cycle, and compliance topics available upon request.
Pam holds the following credentials:
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
- Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA)
- Certified Physician Practice Manager (CPPM)
- Certified Professional Coding Instructor (CPC-I)
- Certified Evaluation and Management Coder (CEMC)
- Certified Documentation Expert Outpatient (CDEO)
- Certified Evaluation & Management Auditor (CEMA)
- Certified Evaluation & Management Auditor – Orthopedic (CEMA-O)
- AHIMA approved ICD-10-CM Trainer
Pam previously served on the board of directors of the North Metro Medical Group Managers Association (Atlanta) and is an active member of the National Alliance of Medical Auditing Specialists* (NAMAS) and the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
“Excellent session! Pam is a great instructor and I always get something new out of her information.”
“Excellent program, clear, concise, informative presentation and speaker.”
“Good information on topic of E&M and procedure. I particularly like the “hands on” format. It seems to cement the concept being presented by showing examples.”
“I am new to Surgical auditing, however, this speaker was very concise and understandable regarding what required elements to look for in a surgical procedure note. Thank you!”
* NAMAS (National Alliance of Medical Auditing Specialists) is a division of DoctorsManagement.