Growing and busy specialty clinic in Vero Beach, FL seeks a professional and experienced Laboratory Manager to serve patients by providing medical laboratory diagnostic and therapeutic information, products, and services.
JOB OVERVIEW: Responsible for the overall operations of the laboratory
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the laboratory.
- Develops budgets, policies, & procedures to support laboratory infrastructure.
- Responsible for employment of competent and qualified personnel.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with applicable regulations.
- Ensure that the conditions of the lab are appropriate for the tests performed. Provides a safe environment in which employees are protected from physical, chemical, & biologic hazards.
- Ensure that testing systems used in the laboratory deliver quality support of all aspects of test performance, including pre and post analytic phases of laboratory testing.
- Ensure that methodologies selected have the capability of providing the quality of results required for patient care.
- Writes and updates procedures and manuals as needed.
- Reviews procedures & manuals yearly, ensuring current information to perform testing.
- Ensure that verification procedures used are adequate to determine accuracy, precision and other pertinent performance characteristics.
- Ensure that the laboratory is enrolled in a HHS-Health and Human Services approved proficiency testing program for the testing performed in the laboratory.
- Ensure the proficiency testing samples are tested as required under sub-part H of the CLIA standard
- Ensure that proficiency test samples are returned within the time frame established by the proficiency testing program.
- Ensure that laboratory personnel are performing the test methods as required for accurate and reliable results.
- Evaluate the lab’s performance and identify any problem that requires corrective action.
- Regularly reviews laboratory performance with the Medical Director.
- Ensures that laboratory is adequately supplied, to prevent interruptions in testing.
- Responsible for review and approval of all laboratory invoices, including all satellite offices laboratory supplies.
- Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Complete annual education requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Maintain regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and local regulations.
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology
- Supervisor license preferred
- Maintains current registration with the American Society for Clinical Pathology and/or equivalent accrediting agency.
- Previous experience in the management of clinical laboratory of a clinical setting.
- Must have experience with regulatory and accreditation of laboratory operations, preferably CLIA, CAP, and AABB.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information.
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIROMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Work is performed during regular work hours Work in varying degrees of temperature (heated or air conditioned).
- Work under extreme pressures.
- Position requires sitting for approximately 2-4 hours per day and walking for 4-6 hours per day.
- Position requires light to moderate work with 50 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry.
- Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and seeing.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Competitive Compensation/Open to discussion
- Simple IRA
- Simple IRA Matching
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Thursday
- Laboratory: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Apply with resume detailing education, experience and work history by email to email@example.com