The Business of Medicine Newsletter – February 2016
Volume 4, Issue 2
Inside the February issue: CMS answers questions on its meaningful use hardship exemption, what Obama’s new bipartisan tax law means for practices, what to look for in an EHR vendor, how to boost practice income with office-based surgery, and why meaningful use stage 3 isn’t going anywhere.
- Hardship exemption. CMS clarifies top questions about applying for the 2015 meaningful use hardship exemption in an email interview.
- New tax law. Learn how the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) law will benefit physician practices.
- EHR vendor tips. Get five practical tips on what to look for in a good EHR vendor and why good practice management software offers a template for a good EHR.
- Office-based surgery. See why offering office-based surgical procedures is now a realistic revenue-boosting option for many specialties.
- Meaningful use. See why experts believe meaningful use and EHRs aren’t going anywhere despite recent CMS announcements about the end of the program.