The Business of Medicine Newsletter – January 2018
Volume 6, Issue 1
- Modifier 25 tips. Why it’s a bad idea to put modifier 25 on claims that don’t need it, plus tips to use it properly.
- Anthem yields on modifier 25 cuts. After provider advocacy, a major Blue Cross Blue Shield payer agrees to reduce the scale of its cuts to services with modifier 25 appended.
- The Business of Medicine changes format. You’ll get even more from this newsletter once we switch to our new format later this quarter. Learn all about it.
- MIPS 2018. Get ahead of your peers with our detailed guide to maximizing your MIPS composite score in 2018.
- MedPAC pushes MIPS repeal. Learn why a top Congressional advisory body voted to recommend that Congress repeal the MIPS program.
- New bundled payments. CMS unveils the Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI) Advanced. We analyze this new program, which will be completely voluntary.