The Business of Medicine Newsletter – October 2017
Volume 5, Issue 10
- ‘Patient improvement’ and therapy coverage. If you’re seeing denials for therapy or other skilled services for Medicare patients, you could be fully entitled to fight back and win. Learn how from compliance expert Sean Weiss.
- Executive order’s impact on ACA. President Trump’s executive order to eliminate federal payments for ACA premium subsidies leaves payers in more limbo than ever. We look at the latest.
- HHS chief resigns. With Tom Price out as HHS Secretary, we examine four top candidates to replace him and what this could mean for the industry.
- Hierarchical Condition Categories. The HCC-based payment model has been around for years.
- Outpatient imaging cuts. Anthem, a major Blue Cross Blue Shield player, has stopped paying for advanced imaging (MRI and CT) in the outpatient hospital setting. Find out why and what the implications are for practices.